RAILWAY RECRUITMENT 2014-15REFERENCE NUMBER:No. ERSA/Recruitment/Advt./2014-15
NAME OF POST:Recruitment of Sports quota jobs vacancy in Eastern Railway
A. Category-1: PB-I (Rs. 5200 – 20200) + GP Rs. 2800/ 2400/-: 06 Posts
1. Archery (Men & Women): 03 Posts
2. Athletics (Men): 01 Post
3. Athletics (Women): 01 Post
4. Weightlifting (Women): 01 Post
B. Category-2: PB-I (Rs. 5200 – 20200) + GP Rs. 2000/ 1900/-: 20 Posts
1. Archery (Men): 01 Post
2. Archery (Women): 01 Post
3. Athletics (Women): 02 Posts
4. Badminton (Women): 01 Post
5. Basketball (Men): 02 Posts
6. Basketball (Women): 02 Posts
7. Cycling (Men): 02 Posts
8. Gymnastics (Men): 01 Post
9. Hockey (Men): 02 Posts
10. Kabaddi (Men): 01 Post
11. Kabaddi (Women): 01 Post
12. Shooting (Men/ Women): 01 Post
13. Waterpolo (Men): 01 Post
14. Weightlifting (Men): 01 Post
15. Weightlifting (Women): 01 Post
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 26 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA*Menimum Educational Qualification :Category (1)-Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
Category (2)-(i)Minimum passin Matriculation or its equivalent Or
(ii) Passed out Act Apprenticeship/ITI, no other qualification including Diploma in Engineering/BE will be accepted as an alternative qualification. Act Apprenticeship/ITI certificate must be approved by SCVT/NCVT
Sports Qualification: Candidates should have represented the country in the Olympic Games/ World Cup (Junior/ Senior Category)/ secured at least 3rd position in World Cup (Junior/ Senior Category)/ World Championships (Junior/ Senior Category).
*Age Limit and Relaxation:Candidates age should be between 18-25 years as on 01-01-2015.
EXAMINATION FEE:Candidates have to pay of Rs.100/-(Rupees One Hundred) only is payable either in form of Demand Draft(DD) drawnin favour of FA&CAO/Eastern Railway/Kolkata orIndian Postal Order (IPO) payable only at GPO/Kolkata, drawn infavour of ‘FA & CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata’. This fee is not refundable/ transferable/ adjustable under any circumstances. DDs/IPOs issued before the date of publication of this Employment Notice or after the closing datewill not be accepted and the Application Form will be rejected. Application received with Cash/Cheque/Moneyorder/Central Recruitment Fee Stamps etc. will not be accepted and will be rejected. Candidate must write their name, full address at the space provided in the IPO/at the back of DD.
Fee Exemption:This fee is not applicable for SC/ST, Women, Minorities & Economically Backward Class Candidates.
MODE OF SELECTION :Candidates will be selected based on trial/ interview.
HOW TO APPLYEligible candidates can send the applications in prescribed format along with attested copies of all certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officer, two self-addressed envelopes (11? X 5?), one passport size photograph should be pasted on space provided in the application form in a closed envelope superscribed “Application for Sports Quota Recruitment” indicating the category by post or to be dropped in a drop box to the Chief Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway Headquarters, 17, Netaji Subhas Road, Fairlie Place, Kolkata-700001 on or before 07-01-2015 by 5:30 P.M & 22-01-2015 by 5:30 P.M. for the candidates residing abroad and far flung areas.
TENTATIVE DATES:Last Date for Receipt of Application: 07-01-2015 by 5:30 P.M.
Last Date for Receipt of Applications from far Flung areas: 22-01-2015 by 5:30 P.M.
click here to download the advertisement:
Headquarters, 17, Netaji Subhas Road,
Fairlie Place, Kolkata-700001
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES(1) Sports persons having sports norms for higher Grade Pay and applied against the vacancies for the lower Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment. In such cases the sportsperson has to give an undertaking that he/she will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railways, on the basis of sports achievement he/she has acquired prior to joining Railways.
(2) For recruitment in following sports disciplines, the age group for Junior National Championships will be considered as mentioned against each
(3) Eligibility will be considered based on the sports performance in the championships held on 01.04.2012 or afterwards only and sportsperson shall be a currently active player. For this purpose, concluding day of the championships will be taken into account.Performance in earlier championships, i.e. before 01.04.2012 will not be taken into consideration.
(4) In case of team games, only sportsperson who has actually played in the field shall only be eligible. Sportsperson, who has represented as member of a team in any recognized sports event /championships but has not actually played the sports in field, shall not be considered for recruitment. Accordingly, the candidate has to produce a certificate for actual participation in field for his/her recognized sports achievement along with application.
(5) The selection will be conducted through trial and interview.
(6) SC/ST candidates will have to submit a copy of Caste Certificate duly issued by authorized competent Govt. Authority for the purpose.
(7) (i)Eastern Railway reserves the right to consider only those candidates who have potential to strengthen Eastern Railway’s existing team on the basis of field trial conducted. (ii) For individual events, the performance during the field trial may preferably be equivalent or better than the 3rd place (time/distance etc.) of last All India Railway Championships.
(8) Fee of Rs.100/-(Rupees One Hundred) only is payable either in form of Demand Draft(DD) drawnin favour of FA&CAO/Eastern Railway/Kolkata or Indian Postal Order (IPO) payable only at GPO/Kolkata, drawn in favour of ‘FA & CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata’. This fee is not refundable/transferable/adjustable under any circumstances. DDs/IPOs issued before the date of publication of this Employment Notice or after the closing datewill not be accepted and the Application Form will be rejected. Application received with Cash/Cheque/Money order/Central Recruitment Fee Stamps etc. will not be accepted and will be rejected. Candidate must write their name, full add ress at the space provided in the IPO/at the back of DD.
(9) All the Championships mentioned above as sports norms for recruitment shall be conducted under the aegis of recognized International/National/State Sports Federation and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
(10) Two self- addressed envelopes (11” X 5”) should be sent along with the application.
(11) Last date of receipt of application is 07.01.2015 (17.30 hrs.) and 22. 01.2015 (17.30 hrs.) for the candidates residing in places as separately mentioned at the top of
(12) (i) Application for Category (1) & (2) to be sent in a closed envelop superscribed “APPLICATION FOR SPORTS QUOTA RECRUITMENT’ indicating the category, by post or to be dropped in a drop box at the address mentioned in Item-A above.
(ii) Application for Category (3) to be sent in a closed envelop superscribed “APPLICATION FOR SPORTS QUOTA RECRUITMENT” indicating the category, by post or
to be dropped in a drop box at the address, according to choice, mentioned in Item-B above. (iii) All copies of certificates submitted along with the application should be duly
attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(13) SC/ST candidates will be given free travelling authority for attending the selection trial/interview.
(14) The selected candidates should accept posting in any division/workshop/office under the jurisdiction of Eastern Railway.
(15) Candidate cannot be considered for recruitment against sports quota for any specific event/position/game, in which he/she has no recognized sports achievement, as per norms
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONOn 15th August 1854, East Indian Railway (EIR)’s first train ran from Howrah to Hooghly, a distance of 24 miles. Regular services were introduced from that day, with stops at Bally, Serampore and Chandannagore.In 1862, EIR extended upto the west bank of Yamuna on its way to Delhi. In 1864, in a bid to connect Calcutta and Delhi, trains started running between the two cities without any bridge on Yamuna by ferrying the coaches on boats across the river at Allahabad. In 1865 the Yamuna Bridge at Allahabad opened. In 1867 EIR branch line extended from Allahabad to Jubbalpore.After the Government of India took over the management of EIR in 1925, it was splitted into six divisions — Howrah, Asansol and Dinapore known as the lower divisions and Allahabad, Lucknow and Moradabad known as the upper divisions.Eastern Railway (ER) was formed on 14th April, 1952 by integration of the East Indian Railway (EIR) consisting of Sealdah, Howrah, Asansol and Danapur Divisions and the entire Bengal – Nagpur Railway (BNR). The jurisdiction of ER extended from Howrah to Mughalsarai in the North, upto Visakhapatnam in the South and upto Nagpur in the Central area. The three Upper divisions of E.I.R. were added to Northern Railway.