RAILWAY RECRUITMENT DETAILSREFERENCE NUMBER: 220-E/Open Mkt./RRC/2013
NAME OF POST:Recruitment of 5679 Group D various vacancy in Northern Railway
pointsman (operating) 688
gateman (operating) 262
khalasi helper (civil engg., electrical, mechanical, signal & telecom ) 506
trackman (civil engineering) 2529
carriage cleaner (mechanical) 272
dsl khallasi (mechanical) 22
khalasi helper (engg) 120
khalasi helper (mech.(w) , s&t (w), engg) 1184
safaiwala (medical) 5
cook mate (medical) 2
khalasi helper (stores) 85
hospital attendant (male) medical 3
hospital attendant (female) medical 1
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 5679 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA* Minimum Educational Qualification :10th Pass or ITI or equivalent or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC)granted by NCVT. Candidates appearing /or awaiting results of 10th/ITI or equivalent on the date of application are NOT eligible to apply.
* Age Limit and Relaxation:Age (in completed years) for the recruitment is 18-33 yearsreckoned as on 01.01.2014. (born between 02.01.1981 to 01.01.1996 both days inclusive). Age relaxable will be applicable as per rules.
EXAMINATION FEE:Unreserved Applicants(GEN & OBC) need to pay RS.100/- deposited in any branch of the Central Bank of India by depositing Fee Payment Challan in the Accounts no. 3311403687 Or through IPO in the favour of Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi – 110024.
MODE OF SELECTION :The recruitment procedure consists of Written Examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
HOW TO APPLYEligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format, The application should be downloaded from RRC website on good quality A-4 size bond paper (80 GSM) using one side only. News paper cuttings should not be used as applications form.Candidates should fill up the application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only. Duly filled application form along with the required documents (as given in Notification) should be addressed to Assistant Personnel Officer(RRC), Railway Recruitment Cell, Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi – 110 024 on or before 10.02.2014.
click here to download the advertisement:
railway recruitment cell
lajpat nagar – i, new delhi 110024.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES1. Candidates before applying should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of applications.
2. Number of vacancies shown in this notification is provisional. Vacancies displayed are liable to be increase or decrease as per administrative requirement.
3. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on Northern Railway in Administrative exigencies.
4. Emoluments on initial appointment will be at minimum of the Pay Band + Grade Pay + Other allowances as admissible.
5. Mere selection and empanelment does not confer any right of appointment to the candidates.
6. Admission of the candidate at all stages of recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
7. Railway Recruitment Cell reserves the right to alter the modus of examinations or conduct re-PET/re-examination or cancel part or whole of any process of recruitment at any stage without assigning any reason.
8. Under any circumstances no damage/loss or re-fund of examination fee will be made.
9. Medical Examination: The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Only those candidates who are medically fit would be offered appointment.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONOn the direction of Ministry of Railway (Railway Board) vide letter no.E(NG)-II/96/RB1 dated18.07.2005, Railway Recruitment Cell was formed in year 2005 for recruitment of Group “D” staff over Northern Railway. Railway Recruitment Cell, is situated at Lajpat Nagar-1, New Delhi. And it is headed by a Deputy Chief Personnel Officer/RRC, who is assisted by an Assistant Personnel Officer and 4 staff in Group ‘C’ and 3 in Group ‘D’.