RRC KOLKATA RECRUITMENT 2013-14REFERENCE NUMBER:SER/RRC/OM/01/2013
NAME OF POST:Recruitment of Trackman in South Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell, Kolkata
1. Points Man-B (Operating System) : 104 posts
2. Helper (Engineering, ELectrical Mechanical, S&T Department) : 540 posts
3. Trackman (Engineering Department) : 1343 posts
4. Helper-II (Work Shops Department) : 958 posts
5. Safaiwala (Medical / Commercial Department) : 191 posts
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 3136 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA* Minimum Educational Qualification :The candidate applying for rrc group D jobs should be minimum 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent on the date of application. Candidates appearing and awaiting results of final examination of Class 10th or ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
Ex-SM who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible.
* Age Limit and Relaxation:Candidates age should be between 18 years to 33 years as on 01 January 2014. Age relaxation will be applicable as per govt norms.
EXAMINATION FEE:Rs.100/- is to be paid in the form of crossed Demand Draft from Bank of india or any other Nationalized bank or Crossed IPO from any post office draw in favour of the "FA&CAO, South Eastern Railway, 11 Garden Reach Road, Kolkata-700043" payable at Kolkata.fee exemption from reserved category candidates.
MODE OF SELECTION :Interested candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.
HOW TO APPLYApplication on the prescribed format. Completed application in all respect with required enclosures may be sent by Ordinary post to "Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment) Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway, 11, Garden Reach Road, 1st Floor, Bungalow No.12A, Kolkata-700043." The envelope containing application should be clearly super scribed "Application for Recruitment in Pay Band-I Rs.5200-20200 with GP Rs.1800/- South Eastern Railway"
click here to download the advertisement:
Railway Recruitment Cell,
South Eastern Railway
11, Garden Reach Road,
1st Floor, Bungalow No.12A
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES1. Admission of the candidates at all stages of the Recruitment process will be purely provisional as the applications are fully scrutinized only at the time of Document Verification later. In case a candidate or his application do not fulfil the necessary requirements prescribed in this Employment Notice, his/her candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of the Recruitment process when the deficiency is noticed. Mere issue of call letter for appearing in written examination, PET and Document Verification or sending a candidate for medical examination by RRC-SER, does not confer any right upon the candidate for being considered for any subsequent stage of recruitment process, placement of his/her name on the Recruitment panel or his/her final appointment.
2. The number of vacancies shown is provisional and is liable to increase or decrease. No consequential damage/loss or refund of fee will be made to the applicant on this or any other account.
3. Female candidates are eligible to apply. They may however, note that the nature of duties is arduous and may involve outdoor and night working.
4. Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on South Eastern Railway after successful completion of training, wherever prescribed.
5. Candidates should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date to the Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway. RRC-SER will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
6. PWD (PH) and Ex-SM candidates shall be considered only against quota earmarked for them.
7. The extant Reservation rules of Govt. of India shall apply to this recruitment.
8. Any subsequent representation for change of community/category other than that mentioned by the candidate in his application will not be entertained under any circumstances.
9. Before applying to the post, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria at the time of submission of application. RRC-SER would be free to reject any application not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liable for termination from service without notice.
10. Emoluments on initial appointment will be at minimum of the Pay Band + Grade Pay + admissible other allowance(s).
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONIn the light of announcement made by Honourable Minister for Railways in his Budget (Railway) Speech for 2005-2006 and in accordance with the instructions issued by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), Railway Recruitment Cell has been formed for recruitment of Group 'D' staff in Railways.Railway Recruitment Cell ,South Eastern Railway,11 Garden Reach Road,Kolkata - 700043South Eastern Railway was earlier known as Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR). Major events in the development of SE Railway are given below1887The Bengal Nagpur Railway was formed.1887 The construction of a new bridge over the Kanhah River commenced in 1884 and was completed in 1887.4th Dec 1888 The section from Rajnandgaon to Raipur was opened for traffic.14th Feb 1889The section from Raipur to Bilaspur was opened for traffic.6th Oct 1890 The East Coast Railway was inaugurated.1st Feb 1891The main line for BNR from Nagpur to Asansol was opened for Goods traffic. 9th Mar 1891The Bilaspur-Katni Branch was opened for traffic. 1st Oct 1892 The Saranda tunnel was completed and opened for traffic21st Aug 1893 The Kakinada-Visakhapatnam line was opened for traffic.1893 to 1896 800 miles of East Coast Railway line was built and opened for traffic.1893 to 1896 East Coast Railway built some of the largest bridges viz. Brahmani, Mahanadi, Katjuri, Kuakhai and Birupa during the period. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.The information posted on this Portal could include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by non – Government/ Private organisations.