NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY RECRUITMENT 2013-14REFERENCE NUMBER:E/227/10/4/Part 38/CMP (I)
NAME OF POST: Recruitment of General Surgeon in North Eastern Railway Gorakhapur
1. Radiologist : 03
2. GDMO : 09
3. Dermatologist : 01
4. Dental Surgeon : 01
5. Physician : 02
6. General Surgeon : 01
7. Gynaecology &Obstetrics : 01
8. Radio Safety Officer : 01
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 19 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA* Minimum Educational Qualification :PG Degree / Diploma in Radiology, M.Sc. /Physics, Diploma in Radiation Physics, MBBS.candidates read the NER recruitment notification for more details about qualification.
* Age Limit and Relaxation:Candidates should not have completed more than 50 years as on 01-01-2013. However,age relaxation is admissible for 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC & Minorities candidates.
2) For Retired Railway Doctor - upto the age of 65 years
EXAMINATION FEE:No application fee
MODE OF SELECTION :Best marks in the qualification
HOW TO APPLYCandidates must submit their application in duplicate copies on the prescribed & Enclosed proforma latest by 10.00 a.m. on the date of walk –in –Interview on 27.11.2013 at Gorkhpur & 29.11.2013 at Izatnager (Bareily).
TENTATIVE DATES:In the Chamber of Chief Medical Director /NER /Gorakhpur on 27-11 -2013 from 10.00 a.m.and in the chamber of CMS/IZN (Bareily) from 10 am on 29-11-2013
click here to download the advertisement:
North Eastern Railway
Office of the
General Manager (P)
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES1. The engagement of doctors would be on contract basis for a period of one year subject to validity of scheme & retired railway Doctor can be engaged two terms only. However, the services of these doctors can be terminated before the expiry of one year after giving 15 days notice from either side . Railway Administration will be at liberty to terminate the contract of the doctor with immediate effect by paying Remuneration in lieu of 15 days notice period if the circumstances warrant so. The services rendered as contract doctors is a stop gap arrangement and will not have any bearing in respect of consideration of their period in case of regular selection through UPSC. It will also not confer any right for regularization or permanent absorption.
2) No private practice is allowed.
3. The contract doctors shall not be entitled for Railway quarter etc. as a matter of right. However, if available they will be provided accommodation on orders of competent authority. The detailed instructions with regard to their duties while on contract with Railway shall be given to them in the event of their selection along with the offer of engagement. The willing candidates should bring the application form with document (attested) duly completed on the format. No TA/DA is admissible for this engagement.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONApril 16, 1853, was a public holiday in Bombay. Throughout the early afternoon, throngs of holiday makers could be seen making their way to Bori Bunder from where wafted strains of music, rendered by the Governor's personal band. Shortly before 3.30 p.m., 400 privileged personalities of the city climbed aboard the center of the day's festivities - the 14 gleaming carriages of the Great India Peninsula Railway, coupled behind a small steam engine, named the FalklandAt the stroke of the half-hour, the driver of the Falkland opened the engine valves, as his fireman shoveled vigorously. The Falkland breathed heavily, enveloping bystanders in a cloud of steam. The driver reached for the whistle chord, the crowd cheered lustily and the boom of the first volley of a 21 gun salute resounded through the moist heat of the afternoon. A final toot of the whistle, a final snort from Falkland and India's first railway train edged forward, puffing and hissing and groaning through the 35 kilometers to Thana.Almost six years later, on March 3, 1859, the first Railway Line in North India was laid between Allahabad and Kanpur.