NWR RECRUITMENT DETAILSREFERENCE NUMBER:01/13 (NWR Ex Servicemen)
NAME OF POST:Recruitment in North Western Railway
1. Trackman: 174 posts
2. Khallasi/ Gateman: 51 posts
3. Khallasi/ Helper: 65 posts
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 290 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA*Minimum Educational Qualification :Candidates should have passed Matriculation or Equivalent or Army Class I certificate, Ex Servicemen who served for about 15 years are also applicable.
*Age Limit and Relaxation:Candidates age should be between 18 to 33 years as on 01-07-2013 where age relaxations are applicable as per Govt rules.
EXAMINATION FEE:No application fee
MODE OF SELECTION :Candidates are selected based on scrutiny of applications and on medical fitness.
HOW TO APPLYInterested railway job aspirants may send their applications in the prescribed format along with attested (duly by Gazetted Officer or self) photocopies of certificates in proof of age, qualification, caste, recent passport size photograph should reach Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Durgapur, Jaipur–302018 super scribing the name of the post applied for through ordinary post on or before 13-08-2013 & 28-08-2013 for applicants in remote areas.
TENTATIVE DATES:Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 13-08-2013 by 5:00 PM.
For Remote Areas: 28-08-2013 by 5:00 PM
click here to download the advertisement:
North Western railways, Jaipur
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES
- The number of vacancies shown are tentative and are liable to be increased or decreased.
- Female candidates are also eligible. They may however note that the nature of duties may be arduous and may involve outdoor duties.
- Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on North Western Railway after successful completion of training wherever prescribed.
- Candidate should send his/her application sufficiently in advance, before the last date as detailed in notification, to given address for RRC-NWR. Railway Recruitment Cell will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery, whatsoever reason, at any stage of the selection/recruitment process.
- All candidates (within age limit as laid down for UR candidates), irrespective of community, will be considered for UR vacancies. However, against vacancies of specific Community quota, only candidates of that particular community will be considered, and any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. The RRC-NWR shall have all rights to reject applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment process, and in case some candidates find erroneously place on the panel or gets appointed, and discrepancy comes to knowledge at later stage then such candidate shall be liable to be summarily terminated from service without any notice or assigning reasons.
- A free Second Class Railway pass, from nearest railway station to Jaipur and back, will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for attending documents verification. All other candidates will have to bear their expenses for attending documents verification.
- The tentative date for documents verification will be started from 30.09.2013 by RRC-NWR. However fixed date for document verification for individual eligible candidates will be intimated by post. Mere issue of call letter for documents verification by RRC-NWR does not confer any right for subsequent stages of recruitment process or placing names on the Panel.
- Action against candidates found guilty of Misconduct : Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling in the application form. Candidates are also warned that they should in no case attempt to alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy, an explanation regarding such discrepancy should be submitted.
- A candidate found by the Recruitment Cell (or found earlier by any Railway Recruitment Board), to be guilty of: Canvassing support for his candidature by any means or Submitting fabricated/tampered documents or Making statements which are incorrect or false, or suppressing material information or Resorting to any other irregular or improper means for furtherance of his candidature for the selection or Harassing or inflicting bodily harm to the staff employed by the RRC-NWR during recruitment process, shall in addition to action taken for cancellation of candidature/termination of service render himself liable to criminal prosecution under relevant provisions of defined Laws/Rules, and further
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONNorth Western Railway came being on 1st October, 2002. It was carved out of 2 divisions each from Northern and Western Railways. The formation of this zone along with five other new zones was first approved by Railway Board on 16th September, 1996 and foundation stone for this zone was laid on 17th October 1996 by the then Prime Minister Shri H.D. Deve Gowda at K.P. Singh Stadium, Jaipur. The impetus for formation of New Zone came with the Government of India notification no. 97/E&R/700/1/Notification dated 14.06.2002 wherein it was decided that North Western Railway with its jurisdiction over existing Jaipur and Ajmer divisions of Western Railway and Jodhpur and Bikaner divisions of Northern Railway was to come into effect from 1.10.2002. Jaipur Division – This division was formed after merging parts of BB&CI, Jaipur State Railways and Rajputana Malwa Railway, Jaipur Division serves the states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Being a predominately passenger earning division (84.92% of its earning is by way of passenger traffic), it deals primarily with cross traffic consisting of fertilizer, cement, oil, salt, food grains, oil seeds, lime stone and gypsum traffic. Container loading is done from here in bulk. The staff strength of this division in all categories is about 12,000. Bikaner Division – This division was established in 1924 and it serves the states of Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana. This division has an equal amount of passenger and goods traffic. The main outward goods traffic of this division is food grains, china clay and gypsum. The staff strength of this division in all categories is about 13,000. Jodhpur Division – This division was up in the year 1882 and it consists primarily of semi–urban districts of Rajasthan. It covers areas of Jodhpur, Pali Marwar, Nagaur Jalore, Barmer, Jaisalmer. It also covers certain districts of Gujarat state. This division also serves certain sensitive areas of Rajasthan such as Jaisalmer, Barmer and Pokaran. The main commodities loaded on this division are lime stone, salt and gypsum. The staff strength of this division in all categories is about 10,000. Ajmer Division – This division is spread over the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat.