BMRC RAILWAY RECRUITMENT DETAILS
REFERENCE NUMBER:BMRCL/21 / ADM/2013/EX-S
NAME OF POST:Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited various railway jobs
1. Section Engineer (Signalling/Telecommunication/Automatic Fare Collection): 09 Posts
2. Section Engineer (Electric Traction / Electrical Maintenance / Lift & Escalator) / Section Engineer (Rolling 3. Stock Maintenance): 04 Posts
4. Section Engineer (Civil Structure Works): 06 Posts
5. Junior Engineer (Signalling/Telecommunication/Automatic Fare Collection): 08 Posts
6. Junior Engineer (ET / EM / L & E/ Rolling Stock Maintenance): 26 Posts
7. Maintainers (Signalling & Telecommunication/Automatic Fare Collection): 30 Posts
8. Maintainers (ET / EM/ L & E /Rolling Stock): 97 Posts
9. Maintainers (Civil Structure Works): 06 Posts
10. Customer Relation Manager (Operations): 26 Posts
11. Station Controller (Operations)/Train Operator (Operations): 19 Posts
12. Assistant (HR): 04 Posts
13. Assistant (Finance/Stores): 02 Posts
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 237 Posts
BMRC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA*Minimum Educational Qualification :Candidates applying for engineer job in BMRC should be possess four years engineering in relevant disciline for section engineer post, Diploma in relevant field for Junior Engineer post, ITI or its equivalent for maintainer post & degree in relevant subjects for assistant post. Kindly view advt for detailed info.
*Age Limit and Relaxation:Candidates should not exceed the maximum age prescribed for the post as on 1.1.2013. Age relaxation will be given as per govt norms.
MODE OF SELECTION :Candidates will be selected on the basis of Interview followed by Medical examination.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BMRC JOBCandidates are required to apply through online from bmrc.co.in website.
Tentative date for written Examination :
click here to download the advertisement:
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
(A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. of Karnataka)
3rd Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H.Road, Shantinagar, Bangalore – 560 027
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES1. Applications are available on BMRCL website Candidates are required to go to BMRCL website and fill up the application online. Detailed instructions regarding filling up of application is given under the heading “How to Apply” at Annexure 1. Please note that no application on paper including hand written or typed will be entertained. For any doubts or difficulty in filling up the application online, Retiring military personnel may also apply provided they expect to retire and become ex-military personnel not later than one month from the date of Interview. If they do not become ex-military personnel before such date, their candidature will be rejected.
2. Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The candidate should have the requisite Educational /Technical qualifications as on the closing date of submission of the application. The degree should be from a recognised University. The Engineering Degree/ Diploma should be from an Institute / Organisation recognised by AICTE. The ITI Certificate should be recognised by NCVT / SCVT. Ex- military personnel discharged on medical grounds or on disciplinary grounds will not be eligible to apply.
3. The Certificates awarded by the Army / Navy / Air Force in support of educational qualification must be in the relevant field and equivalent to the qualification prescribed for the post. The Certificates so awarded shall contain percentage of marks or grade. Certificates as regard to the qualification and other documentary proof in respect of Trade classification should also be produced. In respect of such certificates, a reference will be made by BMRCL to MEG Centre Bangalore, Indian Airforce / Indian Navy whose decision regarding equivalence to the qualification prescribed, shall be final
4. Candidates can apply for any one category of post only. [For e.g. “Section Engineer (Electric Traction / Electrical Maintenance /Lift & Escalator)” and “Section Engineer (Rolling Stock Maintenance )” form one category. Since both the posts come under one category (the category number in column 3 of the Employment Notification is the same for both the posts) and one common question paper will be given for both these posts]. Thus there will be one common question paper for each category.
5. While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against GM vacancies, against the vacancies earmarked for specific community (SC/ST/OBC), only candidates belonging to that community/group will be considered. For this purpose, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate issued by competent authorities in the prescribed format. Further OBC candidates, should furnish certificate indicating that he / she belongs to the Community which is recognized as “Backward Class” as the case may be and does not belong to the Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 3601 2/22/9-Estt. (SCT) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M 36033/32004-Estt. (Res.) dated 09.03.2004, including certificate of declaration of non-creamy layer status in the prescribed proforma. Please note that Certificates should have been issued as prescribed by GoI, as per O.Ms cited above and GoI guidelines shall apply.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONBangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka is a Special Purpose Vehicle entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.Bangalore Metro, christened as "Namma Metro", not only adds to the beauty of Bangalore skyline, but immensely adds to the comfort level of travel. Besides this, Namma Metro is a major environment friendly addition to the Bangalore City as it significantly contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions. The project has an East-West corridor - 18.10 km long, starting from Baiyappanahalli in the East and terminating at Mysore Road terminal in the West and a 24.20 km North-South corridor commencing at Nagasandra in the North and terminating at Puttenahalli in the South. The commercial operations on Reach-1 (MG Road to Baiyappanahalli station) have opened on 20th October 2011. This is the First Metro rail project in India commissioned with 750V DC Third Rail on Standard Guage. The two corridors intersect at Kempegowda station which is a two level interchange station. A commuter who intends to travel from a station in one line(say Trinity in Purple line) to a station in another line (say Peenya in Green line) will have to change the train at Kempegowda station without coming out of paid area. The commuter can buy a single token for the complete journey.For implementation of the Project, four elevated stretches of area called Reaches have been identified as below for convenience of project implementation. Besides, there are two underground sections connecting Reach-1 & Reach-2 in East-West Corridor and Reach-3 & Reach-4 in North-South Corridor respectively. Each Reach constitutes a separate unit for the purpose of administration of contracts and project monitoring.