CMRL, a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu .The company intends to appoint a DIRECTOR (FINANCE). The incumbent of the post shall be a member of the Board of Directors of CMRL and will report to the Managing Director of the company. The appointment to this post will be on contract basis for a period of 3 years extendable till the age of 63.interested candidates can apply for this railway jobs before 22 Feb 2013.
REFERENCE NUMBER:Employment Notice No. CMRL/HR/02/2013
NAME OF POST:Recruitment in Chennai Metro Rail Corporation
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
*Minimum Educational Qualification :(1) Should be a first class Graduate and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or MBA with specialization in Finance from a reputed Institute or a Member of Group “A” Accounts Service of Government of India.
(2) Should have 20 years post qualification experience in Project Finance, Finance, Accounting, Audit, setting up of Financial, Accounting and Audit Systems and procedures in a large public or private sector organization of repute with experience in a project size of not less than Rs.1,000 Cr. OR a company with an annual turnover of not less than Rs.200 crores for the last 3 years.
(3) Should have worked for at least 5 years at the level of General Manager/ Group General Manager or equivalent. Those with experience of at least 1 year at Director level will be preferred.
(4) Should have worked in a computerized environment and should have adequate knowledge and experience to handle enterprise level financial management and accounting software.
(5) Should be well versed with the accounting standards including GAAP, latest acts, codes, regulation and developments in tax and financial areas like IFRA etc., funds management, forex risk management, raising of funds, tender processes, contract terms and conditions etc.
(6) Additional qualification of Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India is desirable.
(7) Direct Experience in HR and raising capital from markets will be added advantage.
(8) Should have proven ability to handle related functions independently.
*Age Limit and Relaxation:Not more than 58 years as on date of notification on CMRL site
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications in the enclosed format (Annexure) giving the details about qualifications, experience and career achievements (in a separate sheet) together with documentary proof wherever necessary should reach at the under mentioned address, positively by 22/02/2013. The candidates presently employed in Govt. or Public Sector undertakings (PSUs) should forward their application through proper channel so as to reach at the under mentioned address by the stipulated date. The TA reimbursement will be limited to to & fro Flight Charges (Economy Class only) to the candidates called for the interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for the interview.
click here to download the advertisement:
Chennai Metro Rail Limited,
No: 7, Conran Smith Road,
Chennai - 600 086,
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES:
He / She will be responsible for all Finance and Accounts functions including but not limited to the following:
(1) Overall supervision of the finance and accounts functions
(2) Fund management (receipts, payments, cash and bank transactions, cash and fund flow etc) including ensuring that the financial resources are secured and funds deployed efficiently and effectively.
(3) Ensuring Financial Reporting including P&L, Balance Sheet etc, duly audited by Internal Audit / Statutory Audit.
(4) Project-related financial planning, follow up with funding agencies, submission of compliance, narrative reports and MIS
(5) Co-ordination with State Government, Government of India, Financial Institutions in India and overseas such as JICA etc.
(6) Preparing proposals, getting approvals and raising capital in the market or with IFIs for investment in CMRL projects.
(7) Putting in place “Financial Manual”.
(8) Overseeing Installation of ERP packages in respect of Modules relating to Finance, Accounts and HR.
(9) Improving and implementing a comprehensive financial management plan that will ensure and efficient, effective and sustainable programme consistent with Project Policies.
(10) Providing operational oversight from finance / accounts angle for the overall Project implementation.
(11) Co-ordination the consolidation of the annual, short and long term financial plans, budgets, forecasts, prepare, analyze and report the results to the Management.
(12) Optimizing deployment and ensuring adequacy of financial resources during the implementation of the Project.
(13) Appraisal of financial risks and remedial actions.
(14) HR related works may also be entrusted based on competence and work load.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Government of Tamil Nadu created a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for implementing the Chennai Metro Rail Project. This SPV named as "Chennai Metro Rail Limited" was incorporated on 03.12.2007 under the Companies Act. It has now been converted into a Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu with equal equity holding. It is functioning at the following address,