South Eastern Railway invites applications from talented, committed and sportsperson to join South Eastern Railway family. If you fulfill the criteria for following games events, please apply within the specified period with copies of all relevant documents, in the prescribed format (Annexure-1) for filling up of (i) 12 nos of Group –‘C’ posts and 4 nos.Erstwhile Group-“D” posts for Head Quarter unit and (ii) 10 nos. Erstwhile Group “D” posts for Divisional Workshop Unit in different Grade Pay : Rs.2800/- , Rs.2000/- Or Rs.1900/- and Rs.1800/- against in the different Sports discipline indicated.
REFERENCE NUMBER:Employment Notice No. 04/SER/Sports/2012-13
NAME OF POST:
1. (A) Head Quarter Unit : : 12
Name of the post : Group-C posts
1. Archery (Women)- Recurve Divn.: 02
2. Hockey (Women)- Forward: 01
3. Athletics (Men) 110 Mtrs. Hurdle 400 Mtrs.: 02
4. Hockey (Women) Forward-02
5. Boxing (M) 52-56 Kgs.-01 64-69 Kgs.-01: 02
6. Billiards & Snookers (M) 8 Ball & 9 Ball Pool - 01
7. Gymnastics (Men) All rounder 01
8. Kabaddi (Men) Left corner 01
Name of the post : Erstwhile Group –D : 04
Sr.No. | Sports Discipline | Special Skill/position | No. of posts
9. Badminton (Men) - 01
10. Hockey (Men) Forward 01
11. Cricket (M) Pacer All Rounder 01
12. Football (M) Defender 01
(B) Divisions/Workshop Unit :
Name of the post : Erstwhile Gr.”D” : 10
Quota | Sr.No. | Sports Discipline | Special Skill/position | No. of posts
Kharagpur 13. Cricket(M) All Rounder-02 02
Chakradharpur 14. Cricket(M) Semer-01 All Rounder-01 02
Ranchi 15. Badminton (M) Cricket (M) - All Rounder 01 01
Adra 16. Badminton(M) - 02 Kharagpur
Workshop 17. Table Tennis(M) - 02
NUMBER OF VACANCY : 26 Posts
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
* Minimum Educational Qualification :a) For the post having GP Rs.2800/- A University Degree or its equivalent.
b) For the post having GP Rs.1900/- & Rs.2000/- Pass in Matric or its equivalent.
c) For the post having GP Rs.1800/- Pass in Matric or ITI Or its equivalent.
Note: For Gr.D:- Eight passed (outstanding Sports Persons)Candidates who have qualification of only class Eight passed and having outstanding Sports achievements for recruitment in Grade Pay Rs.1900/2000 and apply for posts in Grade Pay Rs.1800/-, will be appointed in (-) 1S pay band (Rs.4440-7440/- without grade pay. Such Sports Persons will be given the regular Pay Band PB-1 of Rs.5200-20200/- along with GP Rs.1800/- only on acquiring the minimum educational qualification under the recruitment rules or passing the requisite training test.
*Age Limit and Relaxation:Minimum 18 years – maximum 25 years as on 01.01.2013
HOW TO APPLY:
i) Application Format can be downloaded from the website.
ii) Candidates should write the “name of the event, category applied for” and post meant for in block letters at the top of envelope which should be super scribed; “Application for recruitment on sports quota- 2012-13.”
click here to download the advertisement:
South Eastern Railway
11,Garden Reach Road,
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES:
1. All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International/National/State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board. National meets, Rural meets, Festival meets, National School Games and other similar tournament shall not be considered.
2. A Sportsperson can be considered for recruitment only in the events position/game advertised in which he/she has recognized Sports norms. Sports persons having the Sports norms for higher grade pay and applied against the vacancies for lower Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment for post caring lower Grade Pay.
3. All the recruitment against Open Advertisement Quota shall be at the minimum of the scale of pay.
4. After trial only the fit candidates shall be consider for the next i.e. interview/documents verification. Only candidates declared fit in Trial and attaining interview shall be awarded the marks for the sports achievements, educational qualification, general intelligence etc. No marks shall be given to the candidates declared unfit in the Trial for their sports achievements etc. No communication shall be entertained from candidates in this regard.
5. The offer of appointment shall be given purely on the basis of merit. In case more than one sports persons score the same marks, preference should be given to younger candidate to decide the merit.Date, venue, and time for Trial will be intimated to the eligible candidates through General Post.
6. The venue for Trial fixed by South Eastern Railway will be binding and final. Request for change of venue by the candidates shall not be entertained. The decision of South Eastern Railway in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications will be final and binding on the candidates.
7. No correspondence shall be entertained in respect of any application, which has been rejected. Similarly, no intimation shall be sent to any applicant, who is not called for trial /interview as well as found not suitable after the trial / interview mere calling fortrial/interview does not confer any right OR claim for appointment.
8. two passport size photograph (one to be pasted in the space of the application form and other to be clipped with the application form)All the Photocopies of Sports Certificate, Support of Age , Education qualification and cast certificate should be attested by Officer Gazzeted and should be enclosed along with application form.
9. Any discrepancy found in the application and papers submitted by the applicant will render the application invalid. Candidates should write the “name of the event, category applied for” and post meant for in block letters at the top of envelope which should be superscribed: “Application for recruitment on sports quota- 2012-13.”
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
South Eastern Railway was earlier known as Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR). Major events in the development of SE Railway are given below 1887 The Bengal Nagpur Railway was formed.1887 The construction of a new bridge over the Kanhah River commenced in 1884 and was completed in 1887.4th Dec 1888 The section from Rajnandgaon to Raipur was opened for traffic.14th Feb 1889 The section from Raipur to Bilaspur was opened for traffic.Irrespective of categorization, some of the stations have been designated as Model Station. Depending on their categories, additional facilities have been envisioned for them. In South Eastern Railway the following 21 stations have been designated as Model stations.In addition to these stations, all the Divisional Head Quarters Offices as well a Zonal Head Quarters have been networked through e-mail for expeditious remedial action on complaints etc.